Thursday, October 27, 2011

Practice-o'-Lantern



I'm the type of person that tries to find creative alternatives to standard procedures, especially when there is a point to be made. I carved this pumpkin with the perennial music teacher's one-word command, and set it beside the studio door. Though it garnered a lot of giggles, my students actually are practicing more, though I am sure it has more to do with upcoming performances and new pieces than with this pumpkin.

My studio grew!! I believe I am teaching no less then 40 hours of piano lessons every week now, even over 45 hours/week when my own children are practicing their full time daily. This hour a day and sometimes more with my own three children is really intense, but I am finding that consistency and playing practice games are really paying off. Oh, and getting enough sleep at night. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment